Okay, maybe the headline for this one is a little harsh? No quote honestly sucks. If it’s important to you then it’s the best quote in the world to use for your wedding! Trust me, your wedding is just that—YOUR wedding. You want to use the quote from your favorite childhood story book? Well love, I’m here to tell you go for it!
I'm not a mushy sappy love story type of gal, so for me, the below quotes are the perfect balance of love and sappiness. If you’re a Disney fanatic at heart like I am, you will definitely appreciate a few of the gems on this list. I actually had to try pretty hard to not make the whole list Disney quotes. Maybe that’s a post for another day?
I also give you a hand dandy list of places where you can incorporate these quotes on your wedding day! The list is after all the quotes at the bottom. You can also right click and download the Meg quote at the bottom. My little gift to you!
Love is just a word until someone comes along and gives it meaning.
- Paul Coelho, Aleph
I love you. I know.
- Star Wars
You will forever be my always.
When I first saw you I fell in love and smiled because you knew.
- William Shakespeare
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The only one for me is you And you for me So happy together
Or put a Disney spin on this one and use the quote from Monsters Inc.:
You and me, me and you, both of us together!
- Monsters Inc.
I’d rather die tomorrow than live a hundred years without knowing you.
– John Smith, Pocahontas
People always do crazy things when they’re in love.
– Meg, Hercules
My dream wouldn’t be complete without you in it.
– Princess Tiana, The Princess and the Frog
For it is plain as anyone can see. We’re simply meant to be.”
– Jack Skellington & Sally, The Nightmare Before Christmas
Can you feel the love tonight? You needn’t look too far. Stealing through the night’s uncertainties, love is where they are.
– The Lion King
Love is an open door.
Once in awhile right in the middle of ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale
To face the future with another who means more than any other is to be loved
- The Rescuers
We loved with a love that was more than love.
– Edgar Allan Poe
cause I know there is strength
in the differences between us
and I know there is comfort
where we overlap
I love you, not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you, not only for what you have made of yourself but for what you are making of me.
- Elizabeth Barrett Browning
We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.
Today I marry my best friend, the one I will laugh with, grow with and share the last glass of wine with.
I swear I couldn't love you more than I do right now, and yet I know I will tomorrow.
— Leo Christopher
Ok, so you might be wondering: Maria! I love these all but I don’t know how to incorporate them into my wedding. Girlfriend, I got you! See my list below for some ideas on how to sprinkle quotes throughout your day.
Where to use quotes in your wedding day decor
• Aisle signs that your flower girl/ring bearer hold
• Back drop hanging in the welcome foyer area to the reception.
• Backdrop for photos
• Table numbers or table top display
• Print on a canvas or have a calligrapher (ah hem me!) create a custom sign that you can display on an easel at your reception or the doorway to your ceremony
• Sprinkled throughout your program to break up space
• Sign you hold as a prop during your photos or in your Photo Booth
• At your bar
• Window sign on the back of your limo/car the day of your wedding
• An extra print in your wedding invitation suite
• Your thank you card design
• On your save the date
• Incorporated into your wedding vows
• have your calligrapher write it on your bouquet ribbons
• A banner at your head table
• On custom painted or calligraphy table runners
• On your menu/ place cards
There are probably so many more places too! Get creative, it’s your day to shine so do what makes YOU and your love happy!